PREVIOUS CLOSE UP EXPERIENCE:
UNTITLED (in post-production)
THE STORY OF A YOUNG GIRL
WHO WON’T GIVE UP ON HER DREAM
OF BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL DANCER
WHAT’S THE STORY?
This project was an incredible learning experience for everyone involved!
Directed by Roger Ingraham, Art Direction & Wardrobe by Joey Bevan, Hair by Kari-Anne Habbershaw, Makeup by Abbi Rose & Andrea Joe, Shot on Location at That’s Dancing & Oxbridge Academy of the Palm Beaches. Choreography byIsis Masoud, Kenny Corrigan, Carlos L. de Barros, & Nicole Gonzalez.
We here at Close Up are bubbling over with gratitude for every single person who made this possible! Special Thanks to So Danca for providing wardrobe for all of the dance class scenes! We are currently in the post-production (color correction, effects, etc.) on the film and we are preparing for the next Close Up. Stay tuned soon for the release!
OUR TEASER TRAILER (Please note: Music & title changed in post-production):
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR IMAGES:
This film is the story of a young mixed-ethnicity dancer about to go on stage for the biggest performance of her life. As her dance teacher prepares her with words of encouragement, we see flashbacks of her childhood; growing up in a challenging household, going to dance class for the first time, facing being treated differently because of the color of her skin, making mistakes as a dancer, and mastering the art of dance. This is a coming of age story about a young dancer, but also a story about the dedication and commitment it takes to follow one’s passion despite the challenges.
- Isis MasoudCreative Director, Choreographer
- Roger IngrahamFeatured Director
- Joey BevanFashion Stylist, Designer & Hair Stylist
- Christian ClimerDirector of Photography
- Liam MaloneCinematographer
- BAND: New Artist in the works! Yet to be released. Yes, it’s true!
- MUSIC GENRE: Hybrids of electronic dance music
- ALBUM: Yet to be released.
- CLOSE UP PROJECT: The Close Up Creative Team completed the film/ music video with the story outlined to the left. It’s currently in POST-PRODUCTION. COMING SOON : ) For those who are inquiring for the first time, this past New Year, CUE hosted this 7-day workshop opportunity for dancers to learn how to perform for the camera, get professional reel pieces, & mainstream exposure opportunities.
- DATE: December 28, 2015 – January 3, 2016 (Happy New Year!)
- REGISTRATION: Closed.
- THE SONG: Changing in post-production. Music does this sometimes.
- SPACE IS LIMITED: Register now for the next Close Up. REGISTER NOW!