ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR CLOSE UP?
T h e N e x t W a v e o f D a n c e F i l m C o l l a b o r a t i o n
Close Up is an on-camera workshop for dancers where we create a short dance film or an official music video for a hot new artist with an award-winning creative team.
Zoom in and take a look at the direction technology is taking the world of dance. There are more opportunities for dance on-camera now than ever before. From film & TV, to music videos & commercial work, dancers are working in front of the camera more than ever in the history of dance. CLOSE UP EXPERIENCE is pushing the envelope of dance education to new heights. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to shift your performance from stage to screen, as well as learn the language to communicate with a director & cinematographer on set. You’ll also learn how to manage your energy for a twelve hour shoot day, and learn how to deliver a great performance take, after take, after take. The best part is that you’ll appear in a short dance film or an official music video for an emerging artist. Are you ready for your CLOSE UP?
Close Up Experience will be held at 3D Motion Dance Center located at 3840 E Semoran Blvd, Apopka, FL 32703 with an additional shoot location in the Greater Orlando Area
MOVING . EXPERIENCE
Choreographer & founder of CLOSE UP, Isis Masoud, recently choreographed for legendary hip-hop icon Nas at Radio City Music Hall in NYC & was featured in the film ROCK OF AGES alongside Tom Cruise & Catherine Zeta Jones. Watch “Empire Vampire”, the musical short film that was created in the very first Close Up Experience workshop starring The Goodnight Darlings as well as performers from Cirque du Soleil, The Orlando Ballet, magicians, actors and dancers from across the globe.
PIONEERS IN THE BUSINESS . ESTABLISHED & EMERGING TALENTS
- Isis MasoudCreative Director, Choreographer
Isis’s credits range from choreographer to producer in all realms of the business including film, TV, new media, commercial, and theater. Her Choreography has been featured on “DANCE FEVER” and “So You Think You Can Dance.” Her work as both an actress and a choreographer can be seen in the upcoming feature film The Laughing Mask. She has choreographed music videos for Machine Drum, Woodpecker, & Birgit Õigemeel, to name a few. She wrote, directed, & choreographed the original dance musical AT THE DINER, with her co-creator Danny Wallace, which was performed Off-Broadway at The Duke Theater in Times Square.
- Roger IngrahamFeatured Director
Roger Ingraham is a Sundance Film Festival alumnus Director with his feature vampire classic, Moonshine (2006). He is also the founder of the RING Channel. His work spans the globe, from a feature documentary shot in South Africa with Zulu shamans (currently in post-production) & 2 feature films at Burning Man (As the Dust Settles (2013) and Matter out of Place (in post)) to walking the US like renowned Peace Pilgrim, Roger Ingraham is an artist and visionary whose work is aligned to deliver meaningful messages. By reviewing the projects he’s pioneered, you will see that his life and work is more than just pretty pictures and industry work – it pioneers a unique path of independence, meaning, and insight.
- Joey BevanFashion Stylist, Designer & Hair Stylist
UK born Joey has established his name within the fashion & beauty industry and has been tipped by national press as ‘one to watch’, working alongside celebrities and clients within the Music and fashion industry, giving the client a whole fashion package.
His designs & styling have featured on Xfactor, BINTM, ANTM, Vogue IT, INSTYLE, MTA and many more editorials, TV and music videos. Working Along side HRH Prince Charles, D&G, DIOR, The Saturdays, Stooshe, Jessie J, Diana Vickers, Eliza Doolittle, Aggro Santos, Lydia Rose Bright, Janice Dickenson, Kate Magowen, Melanie Sykes, Kimberly Walsh and many more.
- Christian ClimerDirector of Photography
Christian Climer is a Director of Photography, known for Click It (2012), Medium Justice (2015) and Sixteen Tons (2015). As well recently having travelled to more than 20 different countries shooting documentary style work, he spends his working hours building a work of commercials, short films, music videos, and more. We’re glad to have him as a featured team member at Close-Up.
- Liam MaloneCinematographer
With a film degree from Full Sail University, he works at Them Feelings Productions. He has also worked with several production companies in Central Florida, and been a part of shows for MTV, CMT, Bravo, Style Network and the Travel Channel.
While these can be fun, what matters most to him is working with people who truly care about what they want to share with the world.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
THE NEXT WAVE OF DANCE-FILM COLLABORATION
UPCOMING DATE: TBD – ORLANDO, FLORIDA
- Close Up Experience – Full Registration$925
- Perform in an official Music video for a hot new artist or a short dance film.
- Learn first-hand what it's like to work on a professional set.
- Learn camera awareness and the language of communicating with a director on set.
- Shoot On-Location
- Work with a Sundance Film Festival Alumnus
- Work with an Award-Winning Choreographer and Professional film crew.
- Get your costume, hair, and makeup done by the best in the industry.
- Gain instant credibility and receive a professional credit on IMDB
- And so much more!
- Full Registration + Professional Dance Reel$1575
- Everything included in the Full Registration, plus everything below:
- The DANCE REEL Regular Price is $875 and is discounted to $650 when you purchase with workshop registration, saving you $225!
- Our Cinematographer shoots exclusive footage of you for your own professional Dance Reel.
- Includes a flashy intro with your name, and a polished montage of your work ready to send off to agents, casting directors, and choreographers.
- The BEST PART is that this video will be integrated into the marketing campaign of the official Close Up Experience music video release.
- This is the perfect video to send to your local news station, newspaper, as well anyone and everyone you know. Opportunity can come from anywhere and having a solid Dance Reel in circulation will allow your work to be seen!
Register now for the upcoming Close Up Experience: UPCOMING DATE: Still TBD. We know a good number of you are anticipating our next workshop; thanks for continuing to check in. We will update as soon as we know when we can pull everyone together.
Close Up Experience will be held at 3D Motion Dance Center located at 3840 E Semoran Blvd, Apopka, FL 32703 with an additional shoot location in the Greater Orlando Area.
7-day workshop for dancers to be a part of something unique: a professional music video or short film production. Learn how to shift your performance from stage to screen, learn the language of film to communicate with a director & cinematographer on set, and learn how to manage your energy for a twelve hour shoot day. Have the opportunity to be featured in an incredible short film or music video that you can share with agents, casting directors, friends & family. Earn a professional credit on IMDB (Internet Movie Database). Dancers have called this an “unforgettable experience”.
Register online below. SPACE IS LIMITED!
For any questions or further inquiries, please contact us:
Phone for Isis Masoud: (305)209-4569
DANCERS. MUSICIANS. ARTISTS
FURTHER QUESTIONS BY APPLICANTS CAN BE MADE THROUGH EMAIL OR THE FORM BELOW:
- Musicians, artists, filmmakers, cinematographers, & fashion designers are invited to submit links to their work and a brief message of intent for consideration for future workshops.